Administrative & production archives
The NIDA Archives holds historical information about NIDA and its activities dating back to 1958, including production programs, newsletters, course information and administrative records. These records are currently being preserved and where appropriate, will be made accessible for teaching support and research.
The administrative archives include:
- governance records
- correspondence files and other administrative documentation relating to NIDA activities
- publications such as newsletters, and course and training information.
The production archives:
- document the history of NIDA student productions and ground-breaking initiatives, such as the Jane Street season of Australian Theatre (from 1966–82)
- contain production programs, posters, recordings, costumes, designs and models
- include an extensive photographic collection.
The photographic collection covers NIDA productions, buildings and activities. The holdings include many images taken by theatre photographers, such as Robert Walker, George Pashuk, Eric Sierens, Peter Holderness, Branco Gaica, Marco Bok and Lisa Maree Williams.
The use of images may be subject to gaining permission from the copyright holder and any performers featured in the images. Copying charges may apply.
Accessing the archives
Access to the NIDA administrative and production archives is subject to privacy regulations and commercial considerations.
We reserve the right to close any records in our custody where information is sensitive, if donor permissions apply, and preservation concerns prevent access to originals.
For further information and to make an appointment to access the archives please contact the Archives and Records Manager or phone (02) 9697 7668 to discuss your needs.