Venue Technical Supervisor
This position supports the efficient operation of NIDA as the elite Australian educational institute for the dramatic arts and of NIDA's venues as a commercial performing arts centre by providing hands on technical support and supervision for shows and events within NIDA’s performance venues. The position requires an experienced technical production practitioner, who is an effective manager, possesses good self-motivation, and in-depth knowledge in at least one technical production discipline (staging, lighting, sound or vision). The role is a minimum 38 hours per week with mutually negotiated call times.
Broad experience and skills in theatre technical production, with in-depth knowledge of at least one technical theatre discipline (staging, lighting, sound and/or vision)
Availability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, Proficiency with or willingness to learn the operation of ETC lighting consoles. You have a strong interest in education or the dramatic arts.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
This is a 3-year contract
Salary is $64,254 base + 10.5% Superannuation
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR NIDA
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- A short bus or light rail ride from Sydney CBD and Central Station*
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary flu vaccinations
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions (subject to availability)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events*
- Discounts for staff and immediate family members to attend NIDA Open short courses*
* Casual staff are welcome to enjoy these benefits
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Essential components of your application
- A cover letter which demonstrates your understanding of the role, including your capacity to fulfil the responsibilities
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
- You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
- A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org