Nancy Fairfax Foyer
Featuring a sweeping staircase and its own bar, the 450m² Nancy Fairfax Foyer offers standing room for up to 700 people in cocktail mode and seating for up to 300 when used for a banquet.
Wrapping around the Parade Theatre, the foyer is ideal for pre- and post-event functions.
The foyer is used for the annual EXPONIDA exhibition, which showcases the work of our graduating students.
Area size: 450m²
- Gala dinners
- Product launches
- Fashion parades/catwalk events
- Cocktail functions
- Pre- and post-show entertaining
Lighting, staging and audio-visual facilities
- Dedicated bathrooms
Nancy Fairfax Foyer is located at NIDA on Anzac Parade in Kensington, Sydney.
There is high demand for our venues in November and December. If you would like a venue at this time, enquire early to secure a booking.
The Nancy Fairfax Foyer has an extensive catwalk system allowing for flexible theming and technical concepts.
We also have a range of power, lighting, staging and audio-visual facilities.
Three- and single-phase power is available in the foyer, mainly from the ceiling space.
Our lighting facilities include:
- full coverage of the foyer area at any colour and intensity, with downlights and lights on the veil
- nine Robe® DLX Profile LED lights which move and can be programmed to illuminate stages and displays
- a single run of aluminium tri truss covering the length of the foyer.
Additional lighting and trusses can be rigged.
Our staging facilities include:
- 12 modules 1800mm by 90mm of demountable staging for hire
- rigging points from a network of catwalks above the ceiling.
Our audio-visual facilities include:
- a Bosch PA system which gives full coverage of the foyer
- the ability to make announcements from all theatres and from front of house
- wireless microphones for hire
- a small portable PA system and a selection of microphones
- screens and projection equipment for hire.
European Catering is our preferred catering partner for events held in our venues. Find out more by selecting the drop-down menu below.
Who are they?
On behalf of some of Australia’s most renowned corporate and individual clients, European Catering has been organising events for over 20 years.
What do they offer?
- Catering for a range of events, including gala dinners, creative product launches and cocktail parties.
- Catering for large and small parties.
- Buffet menus and full sit-down menus.
Why choose them?
- Innovative catering
- First class service
For more information about pricing and menus, visit the European Catering website or call (02) 9317 2733.
There are a number of ways to promote your event or production at NIDA, however assistance is limited and subject to approval and availability. For more information please contact the Head of NIDA Theatres on (02) 9697 7585 or at email@example.com.
Promotion through NIDA
All events and productions can be listed under the Productions and Events section of this website.
Via email, you’ll need to provide:
- a brief description of your event, including production title, performance dates and times of approximately 200 words.
- An event image of 144 pixels (width) x 142 pixels (height) as a JPEG.
All images should be labelled with the name of the event or image name, the year the image/photograph was produced and the name of the photographer or copyright owner. For example: Carousel, 2007 © Annie Leibovitz
Subject to approval, your event or production may be included in the monthly NIDA Theatres enews.
Enews subscribers are regular NIDA Theatres customers, corporate clients, sponsors, supporters, local and international industry contacts, general arts lovers and young people interested in the arts.
Subject to approval, promotional materials may be displayed in the Nancy Fairfax Foyer and at the Box Office in the lead up to your event.
You must gain permission from NIDA Theatres management in advance of supplying or handing out promotional materials.
Conditions of promotion
Merchandise, including programs, will incur a fee of 15% of sales payable to NIDA Theatres.
Logo use and acknowledgement
Use of the NIDA Theatres logo is granted on a case-by-case basis. Promotional materials seeking to use the logo must be submitted in advance for approval.
Please use ‘NIDA Theatres’ when referring to the venue. Promotional material should not include the acronym ‘NIDA’, the words ‘National Institute of Dramatic Art’ or imply any association with NIDA.
Equipment hire costs effective as of 1 January 2015. GST will be added to all charges.
Hire of any equipment listed below is subject to availability and is quoted on a per day basis. For hires required from 3–7 days you will be charged for 3 days hire only.
|Microphone - Lapel
Microphone - Hand held radio
Microphone - Hand held SM58
Microphone - Chorus
Microphone - Headset (Madonna)
Microphone - Plate (Tap dancing)
Set of 6
|Mirror ball and motor||$20|
- Mid-Grand (Kawai)
72 hours notice required
|Vinyl dance floor (Black Tarkett)
||Parade Theatre and Playhouse
Plus additional labour costs
|Portable stage||$200||Pro-Stage 8 x 4m|
- Overall size 6300mm x 4770mm
- Image size 6100mm x 4570mm
- Overall size 8320mm x 4770mm
- Image size 8120mm x 4570mm
|Wireless headset comms||$100||Per headset|
||5000 ANSI Lumin Single Chip DLP Projector
(Playhouse, Studio Theatre, Space)
||Barco GLM 8000 ANSI Lumen, wide lens available.
|LED Wash Lights (4 available)
||$125 per unit
$500 all 4
|VLX moving head LED wash lights
Aqua fog (dry ice machine)
Aqua fog pellets
Upon request. Can supply own pellets
|Trestle Tables||$20||Limited number available|
Please note this list may be subject to change as additional items of equipment become available for hire.
For further information please contact the Head of NIDA Theatres on (02) 9697 7585 or submit your venue hire enquiry form.