Visiting the library
NIDA offers visitor access to the Rodney Seaborn library by appointment on selected days. The library holds specialist materials which may be of use to researchers.
A limited number of appointments per day ensures that every visitor receives the attention he or she needs.
Arranging an appointment
Access to the Rodney Seaborn Library is by appointment only, after emailing or phoning the library staff on (02) 9697 7579 to discuss the area of research. By having this discussion we can determine whether we hold material that is of interest to the individual visitor.
Visitor appointments are required for members of the public and are only available during weekdays from:
- 10am–1pm, or
Visitor appointments are not available for Saturdays and Sundays.
What materials are available?
- view and read materials in the library only
- use the library’s photocopying facilities – all photocopies charged are at 12 cents per page.
- view off-air recordings, due to restrictions under the Copyright Act
- use the Internet at NIDA, due to the limited number of terminals available
- borrow or remove any materials from the library
Visitor access to archival videos is decided by NIDA administration on a case-by-case basis.
On the day
Once an appointment is arranged, a NIDA Library Visitor’s Ticket will be created and left at the library’s circulation desk for collection and use on the appropriate day. The NIDA Library Visitor Ticket must be returned to the circulation desk at the end of the visit.