Careers at NIDA
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
NIDA is Australia's leading centre for education and training in the dramatic arts, recognised for our world-class approach to dramatic arts education and our practical conservatoire-based training philosophy.
At NIDA, we look for people who are committed to developing new and improved ways to engage with our students, audiences, customers and each other.
NIDA offers employees the opportunity to work with a broad range of people from across the arts and entertainment sectors.
Our staff come from a range of professional areas, including the creative industries, IT, marketing, human resources, finance and administration. Our team of educators are professionals with experience across the dramatic arts including acting, writing, staging, movement, voice, costume and production design.
Full-time students come from across Australia and overseas, and are dedicated to developing the skills they need to be Australia’s next generation of creative leaders.
NIDA is conveniently located at 215 Anzac Parade, Kensington, across from UNSW Australia and a short bus ride from the Sydney CBD and Central Station. Our main campus is made up of a range of state-of-the-art rehearsal and performance venues.
In 2017 we also opened our new permanent venue, NIDA Melbourne, in the Southbank Arts Precinct. The studios host short courses and corporate training, Higher Education auditions and interviews, as well as being utilised for in-house and external events.
Subscribe to NIDA's job alerts to be notified as new roles become available.
Want to know more?
Find out about working at NIDA by downloading the NIDA Information Pack (PDF 600KB).
Benefits of working for NIDA
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Novated Lease
- Workplace Banking Program*
- A short bus ride from Sydney CBD and Central Station*
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary Flu Vaccinations
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions (subject to availability)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events*
- Discounts for staff and immediate family members to attend NIDA Open short courses*
* Casual staff are welcome to enjoy these benefits
Connect with us
Join our community of actors, directors, designers, film buffs, theatre-lovers and supporters.
Please select the position you wish to apply for and submit your application online. Only candidates who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.