Free teacher resources
NIDA Devised: group performance online resource
NIDA Devised: Group Performance online resource
Celebrating 30 years of NIDA Open, this popular resource is now free to all Australian secondary school teachers
NIDA Devised: Group performance follows professional actors as they brainstorm, develop and showcase devised work in accordance with the HSC Group Performance criteria.
This online resource includes:
· five videos documenting the process of devising work; Thinking on Your Feet, Strategies and Techniques, Rehearsing as an Ensemble, Facing Challenges and Making Decisions.
· three videos of completed performances; Student worksheets
· student worksheets
· links to additional resources and materials.
To receive your free access to NIDA Devised, please complete the booking form or call NIDA Open on 02 9697 7626. Teachers will need to provide a valid education email to register for this program.
NIDA Devised: Group Performance is delivered through NIDA’s online learning environment – myNIDA (a Moodle LMS) and includes a selection of videos (made available via Vimeo).
NIDA will generate a username and password and send to the nominated email address on the form to access the resource. If you would like students to have their own copy of this resource please ensure you also list their school email addresses in the form.
· Example structures for effective collaboration, and for creating engaging, original short works.
· Techniques professional actors use for creating characters, and for delivering performances.
Various including Drama Stage 6, Group Performance (updated for 2020)
Free for all Australian secondary school teachers and students.
Teaching resources: notes, resources and videos to support classroom learning
NIDA is pleased to provide some free resources to support teachers delivering drama programs in schools.
Printed resources include notes on:
- Acting (PDF)
- Creative voice (PDF)
- Movement (PDF)
- Suggested reading list (PDF)
- Introduction to voice (video)
These resources have been prepared by our Schools and Community Program manager, informed by NIDA’s current teaching and learning practice. They will be updated or added to regularly, please check this website periodically to see which new resources are available.
Learning with NIDA, career and industry guides
Learn more about NIDA via our Virtual Open Day 2020 videos.