NIDAnights: Human-Centered Design 101 with Disruptive Business Network
Venue: NIDA Melbourne | Suite 4 | 152 Sturt Street, Southbank, VIC 3006
Date/Time: 17 Jan 2018 - 17 Jan 2018
Human-Centered Design sits at the intersection of creativity and empathy.
Improvisation is the most effective tool in the actor’s toolkit to break down the barriers for their audience.
The first phase of the interactive workshop, led by NIDA Corporate tutors, will guide you through play-based learning methods to create awareness, evoke a new frame of mind and boost control and confidence.
What you will learn:
- The basics of improvisation
- How you can respond effectively in the moment when so much is out of your control
- Improvisation components such as accepting, blocking, yielding, advancing and extending
- Techniques to understand your user and the value you can create for them
The second phase of the interactive workshop, led by the Disruptive Business Network, will introduce you to a tool called The Business Model Canvas. The Business Model Canvas is the perfect tool to quickly describe your design and test your ideas.
What you will learn:
- Distilling data from the inspiration phase into learnable metrics
- An introduction to The Business Model Canvas
- The segments that make up a business model
- Prototyping business models
Presented by NIDA with
About Disruptive Business Network
The Disruptive Business Network is an event series and consulting service that exists to answer the question: What if the status quo is wrong? To us, 'disruptive' means questioning the way things are currently done. New ideas and technology are changing business. We try to answer this question by looking at the new ideas that are challenging business as usual. The ways technology is influencing the way we work. And how can people find meaning in the work they do. More specifically, The Disruptive Business Network provides tools to challenge the status quo in business by providing online resources, facilitating events and offering consulting services. If you are one of the mavericks, game-changers, or revolutionaries who care about these issues – we invite you to come along.
Visit the Disruptive Business Network website.
See our upcoming schedule of NIDAnights here.