Scholarships and Awards
I was offered an opportunity to accelerate my career through a work placement with renowned designer, Annie Atkins in Dublin, Ireland. Thanks to a scholarship for international travel, I was able to accept the placement. I’ve learned so much in just four weeks. I will be forever thankful to the generous Scholarship donor.
NIDA Design Student and Scholarship Recipient
At NIDA we know that Scholarships make a positive impact on the lives of our students. If it were not for the generosity of NIDA’s philanthropic community many of our talented and skilled students would not have been able to continue or complete their studies, nor undertake international placements which are essential to enhancing their performing arts skills and optimising their careers.
Some of our best and brightest names, working across different disciplines in the performing arts today, have been recipients of scholarships and are very appreciative of the support they have received.
Scholarships and Awards can be given:
- to support financially, culturally, socially disadvantaged students
- to support students from remote and regional areas
- to support First Nations students
- to support Culturally and linguistically diverse students
- to support a student from a Hellenic Cultural background
- to enable international or interstate travel to undertake a student placement
- to enable a student to purchase personal equipment in order to support their studies
- to cover students' living expenses
- to award a graduating student who has achieved excellence in their time at NIDA.
Scholarships can be named for their benefactor or a benefactor’s family or foundation, to honour a loved one or to encourage excellence in a discipline e.g. Acting, Design for Performance, Directing, Properties and Objects, Scenic Construction and Technologies, Technical Theatre and Stage Management, Writing for Performance and more.
Thanks to the generosity of donors, foundations and bequestors, NIDA student scholarships are given to assist with living costs or towards education fees. Scholarships are allocated to students on the basis of financial need and are paid on a fortnightly basis during the NIDA year. The value of individual scholarships range approximately from $1,000 to $30,000 annually, depending on need, the funds available for that year and the discipline being studied. Please see details of scholarships here.
Donate a Scholarship to NIDA today.