Sydney Design Festival: Accessing Design Excellence
Date/Time: 09 Mar 2019 - 09 Mar 2019
Dr Julie Lynch APDG, Dr Suzanne Osmond and Stephen Curtis conduct panel discussions with leading NIDA Design alumni, including Sabina Myers (Design for Performance, 2017) and NIDA lecturer Tobhiyah Stone Feller (Design, 2005).
Join them for an interrogation of excellence and access in Design for Performance across six decades of practice as part of Sydney Design Festival and NIDA 60th Birthday Celebrations.
- 10–11am: 60s and 70s panel discussion
- 11am–12pm: 80s panel discussion
- 1–2pm: 90s panel discussion
- 2–3pm: 2000s panel discussion
- 3–4pm: 2010s panel discussion
Special guests include:
- Australian theatre director, designer and Artistic Director of Theatre of Image Kim Carpenter AM, APDG;
- Australian opera and theatre costume and set designer Bill Haycock;
- Director Jim Sharman;
- Set, commercial and event designer Eamon D’Arcy;
- Screen production designer Tim Ferrier APDG;
- Costume designer Tess Schofield APDG;
- Opera and theatre set and costume designer Dan Potra;
With contributions from
- Award-winning screen production designer Deborah Riley APDG;
- Oscar nominee and BAFTA award-winning screen production designer Fiona Crombie;
- Stage and screen designer Alice Babidge;
- Theatre, opera and ballet set and costume designer Gabriela Tylesova.