NIDA ranked in The Hollywood Reporter top drama schools
Above: Picnic at Hanging Rock, part of the June Production Season in 2022, with NIDA third-year actors.
NIDA is proud to have been again included in The Hollywood Reporter's annual ranking of the top 25 drama schools in the world, the only drama school outside of the US and the UK and the only Australian one to be included. The process has been rigorous and involved intensive detail about the high calibre training that NIDA provides.
The publication consulted with industry insiders, casting professionals and alumni for its annual ranking, titled The World’s 25 Best Drama Schools, published online on 18 June.
"The acting program at NIDA, Australia’s finest drama conservatory, is led by John Bashford, who trained Chiwetel Ejiofor and Benedict Cumberbatch when he served as associate principal at LAMDA. NIDA’s track record is no less impressive, with Sarah Snook (Acting, 2008) and Cate Blanchett (Acting, 1992) among its constellation of star graduates."
FIVE REASONS WHY NIDA IS IN THE TOP 25
- Over 1,200 hopefuls audition every year to land a coveted place amongst 24 people for the BFA Acting course.
- NIDA’s BFA Acting degree allows students to gain an Australian union membership, which qualifies them for an Actor’s Equity card in the USA, enabling them to work in the USA as soon as they arrive.
- A unique element of training at NIDA is that students from all disciplines, including cutting edge set and costume designers, directors and production crews, come together for NIDA's triannual production seasons, creating work together, as in a professional performing arts company.
- A major benefit of training at NIDA (for all disciplines except Acting) is secondments and work placements, in particular with major Hollywood studios and global streaming services.
- NIDA graduates get jobs: 95 per cent of graduates are employed in the performance industry within six months of graduating, with over half working in the film and television sector.
Applications are now open to study at NIDA in 2023, and it's free to apply! Learn more at apply.nida.edu.au