NIDA Launchpad invites Melbourne’s creative community to explore their artistic practice and undertake creative development at our new NIDA Melbourne studios.
Open to artists at all stages of their careers, NIDA Launchpad is committed to providing a safe space for a Melbourne-based independent artist, arts organisation or creative collective to workshop fresh ideas, think big, put their thoughts into action, be critically reflexive and deepen engagement with the NIDA community. We are interested in applications dedicated to developing a new performance project and aim to support the efforts of the artist/s in getting the work off the ground.
NIDA Launchpad is an inclusive initiative which welcomes applications from artists of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds that may include (but not limited to) indigenous, LGBTIQ, female and non-binary artists, as well as artists with disabilities.
What will NIDA Melbourne provide?
- A week-long residency at NIDA Melbourne Studio 2.
- A two hour creative feedback and project development session facilitated by NIDA staff.
- An opportunity for a public showcase of the work-in-progress at NIDA Melbourne.
- Promotion via NIDA’s website and social media channels.
- Public liability insurance when on-site.
Please download our Venue Hire Info Pack (PDF, 2.9MB).
Key Selection Criteria
NIDA Launchpad invites artists to submit an online application using the form linked below. NIDA Launchpad is taking applications for projects in December 2017.
Your application must address the following Key Selection Criteria:
- A short artist statement in relation to your proposed idea.
- Project description (including outcomes, participants and an explanation of how NIDA Launchpad would benefit you and your project).
- Project timeline.
- A summary of your artistic practice.
- An outline of time required in studio and tech requirements. Any tech requirements outside of existing facilities available at NIDA will come at a hire cost to the winner.
- Headshot or Logo
- Links to relevant work – video, images, essays, reviews etc – that will enhance your submission.
Successful artist(s) will have the opportunity to showcase their performance work (or work in progress) to an audience at the end of the residency. Successful artist(s) will be required to document their process and provide a detailed report of their experience with NIDA Launchpad within a month of completing the residency for NIDA marketing use.
Applications open: 4 October 2017
Submission deadline: 6 November 2017
Announcement: On, or shortly after 15 November 2017
Please call NIDA Melbourne Client Engagement Manager on 03 8640 0241 or email email@example.com to discuss your NIDA Launchpad application.