Manager Vocational Studies
The Manager, Vocational Studies, is responsible for the day-to-day management of NIDA as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a focus on the high-quality delivery of NIDA’s suite of Vocational Education and Training (VET) degree courses. This position ensures compliance with regulatory bodies, keeps abreast of the VET sector and relevant entertainment arts industry developments, and implements and maintains efficient administrative systems. The Manager Vocational Studies role includes extensive liaison with NIDA staff, students, alumni, and industry contacts.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and manage NIDA’s RTO requirements in accordance with the VET Quality Framework
- Monitor and manage VET Student Loans obligations as required by the Department of Education
- Ensure training and assessment processes are compliant with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) requirements.
- Manage professional services for the VET division, including:
- support for academic workload administration and teaching allocations;
- coordination of casual and sessional academic teaching;
- support for staff recruitment, student recruitment and admissions and liaise with internal stakeholders such as Marketing and Student Academic Services and Quality Assurance to achieve defined objectives;
- data collation and reporting and provision of policy and procedural advice;
- advocate for positive solution-focused culture within the Learning and Innovation team.
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director, Learning and Innovation (VET), contribute to the development of courses
- In conjunction with the Deputy Director Learning and Innovation (VET), ensure VET offerings meet financial targets of established budgets
- Provide support to NIDA as required including participation in and support of Faculty projects and events.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required by your manager or their delegate.
- Adhere to best practice principles of Employment, Equity and Diversity
- Adhere to all WHS requirements of the organisation and relevant associated legislation.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Managing competing demands, deadlines and short lead times
- Remaining abreast of changing VET guidelines and regulations.
- Ensuring professional standards of delivery and positive student experience.
- Maintaining productive communication channels between departments
- Tertiary qualifications in education or management and/or equivalent relevant experience.
- Management experience within an educational institution.
- Experience in the development of and /or management of educational offerings.
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level project management skills and demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated willingness to embrace organisational change including use of emerging technology.
- Ability to analyse and problem solve in the context of change and continuous improvement.
- Experience in using electronic records management systems (RM8) or willingness to do so
- Training in, and management of, VET courses.
- Experience in a not for profit and/or government or educational environment.
- Interest in the performing arts.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
This is a 3 year contract as ESA General Staff, Level 8
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR NIDA
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- A short bus or light rail ride from Sydney CBD and Central Station*
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary flu vaccinations
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions (subject to availability)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events*
- Discounts for staff and immediate family members to attend NIDA Open short courses*
* Casual staff are welcome to enjoy these benefits
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Essential components of your application
- A cover letter which demonstrates your understanding of the role, including your capacity to fulfil the responsibilities
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
11.30pm, 10 Jun 2022
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
- A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For further information, please contact Mark Gaal at
+61 2 9697 7573