Chief Executive Officer
Australia’s pre-eminent performing arts school
- excellence in leadership and partnerships
- influence and development
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is Australia’s leading centre for education in the performing arts, celebrating our 60th anniversary this year and ranked one of the top 10 drama schools in the world. With exceptional facilities NIDA is renowned in Australia and internationally for its higher education and vocational practice-led training in acting, costume, cultural leadership, design, directing, properties, technical theatre, stage management and writing. NIDA also offers corporate and public programs to over 24,000 participants per year.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO leads a team of 130 FTE staff based in Sydney at NIDA’s purpose-built, modern facility.
Working closely with an Artistic Director and NIDA’s Leadership team, the CEO will lead and manage the organisation under the Board’s oversight, governance and strategic direction. You will inspire and manage NIDA’s educational, cultural, financial and operational delivery. This includes strategic development, advocacy and effective partnerships with staff, students, donors, sponsors, industry, government and the media.
Assessable criteria for candidates include:
- effective Board working relationship
- corporate and academic governance
- driving NIDA’s cultural leadership
- ensuring the continued financial viability of NIDA
- developing and executing on long-term and short-term strategies
- promoting and supporting innovation
- strong arts sector and government stakeholder relationship management
- leading, inspiring and developing the team
- successful philanthropic, sponsorship and alumni engagement.
Apply by forwarding your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to enquire, please contact Anita Ziemer on 03 9235 5100. Applications close at 5pm AEDT on 28 June. NIDA supports workplace diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.