Production and Administration Coordinator
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. Located at Kensington in Sydney, it is a centre of excellence in education and training. NIDA is unique in the world for its conservatoire training in the range that it offers which includes Acting, Design, Costume, Properties and Objects, Technical Theatre and Stage Management, Scenic Construction, Writing for Performance, Directing and Cultural Leadership.
Applications are now open for a Production and Administration Coordinator to join the Centre for Design Practices, which offers courses in the disciplines of Design for Performance, Properties and Objects, Costume, and Scenic Construction and Technologies.
This role will be responsible for supporting the effective operation and implementation of administrative systems and processes of the Centre, as well as providing exemplary support on a broad range of academic, curriculum and student activities. Collaboration across all the Centres of Discipline is essential to be successful in this role to ensure consistency across the Conservatoire, as well as coordinating and planning defined student projects within time and budget parameters as required by your manager.
Experience in a similar role within the higher-education sector, as well as an interest in the performing arts, will be highly considered.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role
$70,224.98 inclusive of 9.5% superannuation
Benefits of Working for NIDA
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Novated Leases
- Workplace Banking
- A short bus ride from Sydney CBD and Central Station
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events
- 50% discount for immediate family members to attend the NIDA Open programs
What we're looking for
Essential components of your application:
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role
- Your CV including two references who can comment on your professional experience
- A separate document that addresses each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile individually.
Monday, 5pm 7 January 2019.
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile above will not be considered.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Julie Lynch, Director Centre for Design Practices on 02 9697 7616 or email@example.com