Customer Service Officer - Client Services
NIDA values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that people from a range of backgrounds bring a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that create a productive work environment in which talents are fully utilised. We also believe that a workforce that reflects the diversity of Australian society often facilitates a collaborative approach to work that allows the organisation to better meet its objectives.
We aim to ensure that our recruitment and selection processes do not discriminate against race, disability, sexuality, age, heritage, gender, religious or non-religious beliefs, nationality or family background.
The National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. Located at Kensington in Sydney, it is a centre of excellence in education and training.
NIDA provides a unique setting for awards ceremonies, conferences, product launches, sit-down dinners and cocktail receptions. Our NIDA Theatres staff bring their experience in entertainment to the smooth delivery of every event.
NIDA Theatres is seeking a polished customer service officer to provide high-level operational support and services to venue hirers and internal clients. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for ensuring all clients receive exemplary customer service, have a flair for developing efficient processes and proven ability and willingness to use various systems.
This is a full time position with an attractive salary package plus NIDA benefits.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
$58,929.00 inclusive of 9.5% Superannuation
Benefits of Working for NIDA
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Novated Car Leases
- Workplace Banking
- A short bus ride from Central Station and Sydney CBD
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events
- 50% discount for immediate family members to attend the NIDA Open programs
What we’re looking for
Essential components of your application
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
- A separate document that addresses each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile individually.
5pm, Friday 16 March 2018
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile will not be considered.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Monica Scagliarini – Venue and Sales Manager on 02 9697 7585 or email@example.com.