Coordinator - NIDA Open
NIDA values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that people from a range of backgrounds bring a variety of ideas, perspectives and experiences that create a productive work environment in which talents are fully utilised. We also believe that a workforce that reflects the diversity of Australian society often facilitates a collaborative approach to work that allows the organisation to better meet its objectives.
We aim to ensure that our recruitment and selection processes do not discriminate against race, disability, sexuality, age, heritage, gender, religious or non-religious beliefs, nationality or family background.
NIDA is Australia’s National Institute of Dramatic Art, a centre of excellence in education and training for careers in theatre, film, television and other performance media. Our NIDA Open division runs a year-round program of short course dramatic arts training for children, young people, adults, pre-professionals and established artists.
Be a part of the NIDA Open team as Coordinator - NIDA Open in this part-time position. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator - NIDA Open, the successful applicant will be an excellent multi-tasker with the ability to provide exceptional support to various staff within the department. The successful applicant will have high-level and positive communication skills and the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders both throughout the wider organisation and externally.
This position is part-time (2.5 days) a week with some out of hours work required compensable with time in lieu. Rostered weekend work will be required for up to 16 weekend days per year which will also be compensable in Time in Lieu.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
$65,398.12 pro rata inclusive of 9.5% superannuation
Benefits of Working for NIDA
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%)
- Novated Car Leases
- Workplace Banking
- A short bus ride from Central Station and Sydney CBD
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions
- Continuing Professional Development Opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events
- 50% discount for immediate family members to attend the NIDA Open programs
What we’re looking for
Essential components of your application
- A brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
- A separate document that addresses each of the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile individually.
5pm, Monday 19 March 2018
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria listed in the Position Profile will not be considered.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Vanessa White, Director Public Programs on 02 9697 7644 or email@example.com