A dynamic 3 day a week role (0.6 FTE) working with the NIDA Board of Directors, the NIDA Foundation Trust, Board Committees, and the CEO, providing effective and timely advice on governance, compliance, and policy matters to support achievement of the organization's strategic and operational objectives.
Under the direction of the CEO / Board, you will:
- Provide advice on matters relating to governance, compliance, Board processes and Company membership.
- Prepare timely and accurate agendas, minutes, and arrangements for meetings of Board of Directors, the NIDA Foundation Trust, Board committees (excluding Academic Board) and meetings of Company members, including the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure statutory requirements are met, including under Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission (ACNC) Act, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), and other statutory bodies as required.
As the Company Secretary at NIDA, you will have a strong background working in compliance and regulatory environments, preferably in the Not for Profit or Arts sectors. You will be skilled in stakeholder engagement and exercise a high level of judgement, confidentiality, and discretion when managing your relationships. You will have a strong interest in higher education or the performing arts.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
This is a 3-year contract – part-time (3 days)
Salary range is $110-120K (pro-rata) + 10.5% Superannuation
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR NIDA
- Annual leave loading (17.5%)
- A short bus or light rail ride from Sydney CBD and Central Station*
- Discounted Health Club & Aquatic Membership at UNSW
- Access to the UNSW Library
- Complimentary flu vaccinations
- Complimentary tickets to NIDA student productions (subject to availability)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Continuing professional development opportunities
- Discounts from NIDA bars during events*
- Discounts for staff and immediate family members to attend NIDA Open short courses*
* Casual staff are welcome to enjoy these benefits
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Essential components of your application
- A cover letter which demonstrates your understanding of the role, including your capacity to fulfil the responsibilities
- Your C.V. including two references who can comment on your professional experience
Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted
- You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
- A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org