The National Institute of Dramatic Art is Australia’s premier training ground for future leaders and practitioners in the performing arts. NIDA’s vision is to ensure that the next generation of cultural leaders are enabled and empowered to tell powerful stories drawing on existing and yet to be imagined creative platforms. A destination for inspiring and innovative thought leadership, NIDA provides leading edge education through globally relevant, practice-based learning experiences.
NIDA is committed to building a diverse community of staff and students and strongly encourages applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability.
NIDA is recruiting for a Company Secretary to support the NIDA Board of Directors and the CEO.
This Company Secretary provides advisory, compliance and secretariat services to the NIDA Board of Directors, the NIDA Foundation Trust, all the other NIDA Boards and committees and the Director/CEO. The ideal candidate will be legally qualified with extensive experience in business and/or the not-for profit or education sectors. Possessing well proven analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, and high-level writing skills, the successful candidate will also be organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail. Previous or current experience as a company secretary is an essential requirement as is a strong interest in the performing arts or higher education.
Please download the position profile for more information about this role.
This is the role for you if you have:
- Experience as a company secretary or in a governance role.
- Excellent understanding of contemporary corporate governance and the regulatory context affecting NIDA.
- Proven expertise in managing agenda, papers and reporting of meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated experience in contributing to and managing input from co-located and dispersed teams.
- Send us a brief cover letter that demonstrates your understanding of and capacity to undertake the role.
- Your CV including two references who can comment on your professional experience.
- 5.00 pm AEST, 21 September 2020
- Only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
You are required to have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this role. This role is not suited to a working holiday visa holder.
A valid Working With Children Check for NSW is essential. Having one or being willing to get one and to support and implement NIDA’s Child Safe Strategies is necessary to undertake this role.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Maria Duca, People & Culture Manager at email@example.com.